Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Country Girl at Heart

Country Girl at Heart


It's true. I was raised in the country. And though I no longer consider myself a true country girl, every so often, I revert to my country girl ways... It happens most often in the spring time. I get the urge to dig in the dirt and grow things. I get the urge to walk barefoot. I get the urge to gather eggs or "put up" fruit... I don't necessarily do all those things, but the urge is still there. (I do always grow things though. Fruit mostly, but vegetables sometimes and definitely flowers. ALL organically...) So the above quote is very true for me. And I love that. My upbringing has stayed with me in a very positive way. I had an innocent, country-style childhood. I've tried to share some of that with my own children. I hope someday they can look back at their own upbringing and be glad the country is still in them, if even just a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment