Tuesday, April 17, 2012

How Old Would You Be?!

How Old Would You Be?!



How old would I be if I didn't know my true age? Hmmmm It's a curious question... And when I answer it, do I have to take into account my life experiences and the fact that I obviously know the ages of my kids, my husband, and my mom? Because then it's no fun and I will have to guess I'm at least 40... So I say let's not play by those rules. Let's just decide we will base our "guessed" ages on how we behave and how we dress.... Sometime I act more childish than my daughter and wear similar clothes, but that's rather embarrassing, so I'm NOT going to guess that I'm a teen. (My inner child is alive and well but we'll save that for another day!).. I think I will guess that I'm in my mid 30s because of my high energy level (but not high enough to be raising babies again) and my cute and fun clothes. But would I want to be in my mid 30s again... I realize that I love my true age best of all the ages that I've been... There is something about being 40 (ish...) that is perfect. I'm calmer, more confident and creative, and I honestly don't concern myself with what others think of me. Which is why I can dream of wearing all of the outfits I pull together for My Dream Closet. I love each and every outfit regardless of whether or  not it's age appropriate. Should a 40 (ish) woman be wearing plaid shoes? I don't know nor do I care. Should she be wearing neon at all? Don't know. Don't care. So I say act whatever age suits you best but try to love your true age most of all. We can't fight aging, so just embrace it and wear cute clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment