Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Radioactive

Radioactive


Neon is back.. Am I happy about this? I'm just not sure. But it's back whether I like it or not... Neon is fun... On a beach towel. In Bora Bora. But for clothing? Yikes. I don't know... Perhaps my aversion comes from the fact that I look half dead in anything neon. The last time I wore neon, I was in highschool and sporting a lovely tanning-bed tan. ("Going tanning" was new and I was a foolish teen. Cut me some slack.)   But I'm older and wiser now. I don't tan and I don't wear neon. At least not the dayglo version from my past. Now we apparently also have pastel neons. Isn't that an oxymoron?!

Denim Blog, http://www.denimblog.com/ , conducted a survey recently titled "Do You Like the New Neon Trend?" 58% of voters loved it, 24% said it's not for me, 14% prefer pastel neons, and 4% are still undecided ....  Pastel neon. It's real. Think of it as sun-kissed neon. Faded neon. Washed a few too many times neon. It's not true pastel. Unless  pastel can be radioactive... But it's  definitely an improvement over 80's dayglo... Maybe I'll try it. After I get a tan. A spray tan, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment